I hear from a lot of bloggers who know they need to invest some time in updating their blog and improving their blogging practice. However, they just don’t have the time.
It's a common frustration. I promise you are not alone.
Some Quick Fixes
To help out my busy blogger pals, I have put together a list of 15 things you can do to improve your blog right now. None of this stuff should take too long to implement. Feel free just to choose a few or do all 15.
Let me know in the comments how you get on.
15 Things You Can Do to Improve Your Blog Right Now
- Use Coschedule’s Headline Analyzer to check all your blog post titles.
- Proofread your blog posts carefully (Grammarly can help).
- Properly format your headings and subheadings (this article from Yoast explains why).
- Add a social sharing widget to your blog (for example Share Buttons by AddThis).
- Make sharing on Twitter easy for readers using the Better Click to Tweet plugin.
- Optimise your blog images by including alt and title tags (as explained in this article by Yoast).
- Ensure your blog images are optimised for the web (I use the Wordpress plugin WP Smush).
- Hide your tall Pinterest images instead of cluttering your blog posts with them (as explained in this video tutorial).
- Set your blog to include links to related content at the bottom of each post.
- Include a Pinterest save button on your images.
- Ensure your images have a cohesive feel - consider investing in stock photography from Haute Chocolate.
- Commit to a consistent posting schedule for your blog by using an editorial calendar (here’s a free template for you).
- Automate sharing your blog post on social media using Buffer or Coschedule.
- Create correctly sized social media images for every blog post - Canva makes this easy with their social media templates.
- Use a checklist to ensure you never miss a step when writing and sharing a blog post (grab mine below).