Elna's Top Tips for Writing for the Web
- Know your audience - who are you writing for? Ask them what they want.
- Find your voice - again, remember who you are writing for.
- It's not "all about you" - write for your reader. Help them.
- Topics that work: "how to" posts, authentic writing (share your mistakes), round-ups and lists.
- Headlines - use power words (eg the worst, genius, hacks, secret) and test them.
- SEO - use Pinterest initially for researching keywords.
- Make reading your post a nice experience by using clear formatting and white space.
"Don't compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter twenty" - Elna Cain